This is a super easy lunch idea to try! Wraps like these can satisfy your hunger without weighing you down. They’re also a great alternative to the greasy, fast food most people resort to when they’re in a hurry to grab lunch. Pair your wrap with a healthy snack or have it solo. Check out these great recipes I found on Pinterest!
Veggie Wrap with Provolone and Red Pepper Hummus from Rachel Cooks
1 (2-ounce) spinach wrap (I use FlatOut)
2 tablespoons roasted red pepper hummus (I use Sabra)
2 slices of Sargento Natural Provolone Cheese
1 small carrot, julienned or sliced thin (about 1/4 cup)
1 small salad cucumber julienned or sliced thin (about 1/4 cup)
1 radish, julienned or sliced thin (about 2 tablespoons)
1/4 cup loosely packed baby spinach
- Spread hummus evenly over one side of the wrap, leaving about a 1/2-inch border around the edge. About 3/4 of the way to the end, lay out the cheese slices. Layer carrot, cucumber and radish, and then finish with the spinach. Roll wrap up tightly and secure with ribbon or a toothpick. Best enjoyed immediately or the same day.
Grilled Zucchini Hummus Wrap by Annie Holmes
1 zucchini, ends removed and sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tomato, sliced or handful of cherry tomatoes
⅛ cup sliced red onion
1 cup kale, tough stems removed
2 slices white cheddar or chipotle gouda cheese
2 large Udi’s gluten free tortillas
4 tablespoons hummus
- Heat a skillet or grill to medium heat.
- Remove the ends from the zucchini and slice length wise into strips. Toss sliced zucchini in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place sliced zucchini directly on grill and let cook for 3 minutes, turn and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Set zucchini aside.
- Place the tortillas on grill for approximately one minute, or just until grill marks are visible and tortillas are pliable.
- Remove tortillas from grill and assemble wraps, 2 tablespoons of hummus, one slice of cheese, zucchini slices, ½ cup kale, onion and tomato slices.
- Wrap tightly and enjoy immediately.
Avocado and White Bean Salad Wraps from Forks Over Knives
1½ cups cooked great northern beans or 1 (15-ounce) can, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon liquid aminos (or tamari or soy sauce)
1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
1 large or 2 small avocados, halved
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons fresh parsley or cilantro, if preferred
1 tablespoon diced canned green chiles
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon onion powder
Freshly gound black pepper
2 lavash wraps or large wheat tortillas
1 to 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- Sauté the beans in a large frying pan over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until warm. Add the liquid aminos and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has cooked away. Add the vinegar and cook, stirring once or twice, until the liquid has cooked away. Remove from the heat and mash the beans with a fork.
- Scoop the avocado flesh into a large bowl and mash until there are no chunks. Add the mashed beans, lime juice, parsley, green chiles, garlic powder, paprika, and onion powder. Mix until combined. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread half of the avocado mixture onto one wrap or tortilla. Add a row of tomato slices across the shorter dimension of the wrap, an inch or so from one edge, a row of spinach next to it, another row of tomatoes, and another row of spinach. Roll the wrap over the first row of tomatoes, and continue until it is completely rolled up. Chop into 3 to 4 sections.
- Repeat with the second wrap and remaining ingredients and serve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Mediterranean Veggie Wraps from Homemade Ginger
California Black Ripe Olives – 1 cup chopped
Brown Rice – 1 cup, cooked
Plain Greek Yogurt – 1 cup
Cucumbers – 2-3 baby or 1 large
Red Onion – 1/2 chopped
Lettuce – 1 cup
Cherry Tomatoes – 1 cup chopped
Lemon Juice – 1/2 lemon
Oregeno – 1 tsp
Garlic – 1 clove
Salt and Pepper
- Mix the greek yogurt with juice of 1/2 of a lemon, 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber, salt, pepper, oregeno and garlic and set aside. Prepare the rest of the veggies. Cook brown rice and add salt and a dash of oregeno if desired. Set out all the ingredients and build your wraps!
Black Bean Avocado Lettuce Wraps by Rabbit Food for My Bunny Teeth
1 Black Bean Burger patty
2 swiss chard or butter lettuce leaves
1 small tomato
pinch of salt & pepper
- Cook the Black Bean Burger patties to RFFMBT instructions. Wash and dry lettuce. Cut the tomato into slices. Remove 1/4 of the Avocado “meat” from skin. Place half of the Black Bean Burger patty and half of each ingredient into the lettuce leaves, creating two wraps. Sprinkle with just a pinch of salt & pepper to taste. Wrap the leaves into tight rolls and then slice in half.
I hope you enjoy these ideas! Comment below with your favorite wrap recipes. Also, be sure to share this post and subscribe to join The Tribe!