I absolutely love breakfast food. From biscuits and gravy to omelets and donuts…It’s all heavenly. This recipe is a traditional scramble that works with a vegetarian and pescetarian diet. For my paleo friends, use regular sausage in place of the veggie sausage and sub the Russet potato for a sweet potato. I will list substitutes below to make this scramble 100% vegan! I like to make my scrabble half & half…real eggs with vegan sausage. Just DO YOU boo, and enjoy the most important meal of the day YOUR way 🙂
2-3 eggs (Vegan sub: extra firm tofu)
1 small russet potato
1/2 cup veggie sausage
1/2 cup bell pepper & onion mix
1/2 cup mushrooms
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (Vegan sub: Daiya cheese)
1/4 cup diced tomatoes
Cilantro to garnish
1/4 cup water
2 tsp olive oil
Seasonings to taste
- Combine the potatoes, water, oil and salt in a large, non-stick skillet.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook for about five minutes, until the water has evaporated and the potatoes start to sauté.
- Uncover the potatoes, add in veggies (except tomatoes) and veggie sausage. Cook until potatoes are lightly browned and veggies are cooked through. Add spices if any.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet…Add in tomatoes and scramble until eggs are cooked.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.
For a recipe using tofu, click here.
This recipe makes a serving for my fellow BIG eaters. Feel free to cut it in half if it sounds like too much for you, or share with a friend. You can also try your scramble with black beans or spinach. Get creative & have fun ❤