Good morning!!! Today I’m sharing a recipe straight from jocooks.com. She’s created a delicious meal that I think is a fun option for Cinco de Mayo celebrations. Even if you don’t eat seafood, the dip will still be great, and it’s easy to make vegan friendly!
1 lb jumbo shrimp, tails on
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 cups sweetened coconut, shredded
salt and pepper to taste
vegetable oil for frying
½ cup mayonnaise (I use Just Mayo, a vegan option)
½ mango cubed, about ½ cup to ¾ cup
1 tbsp honey (use a vegan sub like agave or coconut nectar)
1 tbsp sriracha
¼ tsp curry powder
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup cilantro
- Make the dipping sauce first by adding all the ingredients to a blender and blend for 1 minute or 2 until the sauce is smooth. Refrigerate the sauce until shrimp is ready for serving.
- Fill a Dutch oven or a deep frying pan with vegetable oil, about 1½ inches deep and heat.
- While the oil is hot, prepare 3 shallow plates. Add the breadcrumbs to one plate, beat the eggs with salt and pepper in another plate and place the shredded coconut in the 3rd plate.
- Dredge the shrimp through the breadcrumbs first, then dip them in the egg mixture, then finally dredge them through the coconut, making sure enough coconut sticks to them. Fry a few at a time about 2 minutes, depends on how hot your oil is, so they don’t stick to one another, I did about 4 or 5 at a time, depending on the size of your shrimp. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Serve the shrimp along with the spicy mango sauce together.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and the rest of your day! Be safe, and don’t have too many margaritas 😉