Good morning! My sister has been throwing around the idea of vegetarian Philly Cheesesteaks, and I finally decided to try it out. Honestly, it turned out to be even better than I thought it would!
portobello mushrooms, thick slices
salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin
- Ok…I didn’t measure out ANYTHING for this recipe. (It was a spontaneous thing.) So go with your gut and just customize the portion sizes to match your current hunger level.
- Sautee veggies including mushrooms in spices and olive oil.
- Cut bun 3/4 of the way through. (Don’t completely separate the pieces.)
- Add mayo to bun. Top with veggies.
- Place cheese on top & throw the sandwich in the oven to allow the bun to toast/cheese to melt.
I hope you guys love your sandwich as much as I did. It’s very simple & a quick meal to whip up on the fly. I’m definitely having it again soon!!