Hey y’all! One of my favorite ways to relax is in the tub. A hot bubble bath??? SIGN ME UP. If you want to level up and make bath time even more relaxing, try my tips below for the perfect at home detox!
THINGS TO HAVE ON DECK
- Epsom salt, also known as magnesium sulfate, draws out toxins, eases stress and improves sleep & concentration. For my bath, I use about 1-2 cups.
- Baking soda helps neutralize the chemicals in water, primarily chlorine, as well as increase mineral absorption. Add about 1/2 cup to your hot, bath water.
- Essential oils can be used for many different ailments. I enjoy lavender which is calming and helps me relax. Ten drops should do the trick.
- Body scrub is optional, but it’s a great way to add a little massage time in with your bath. I highly recommend using an all natural scrub that you make at home or from a trustworthy company like LUSH Cosmetics. Pictured above is the self preserving Ocean Salt scrub by LUSH made with sea salt, lime juice, vodka, coconut and avocado.
- Face mask DIYs can be tons of fun, but I also like having things prepared for me…it helps me relax more. 😂 The Brazened Honey mask from LUSH is brightening & exfoliating with great ingredients. Click here to read my review of the product.
- Candles are a must have for obvious reasons. Turn out the lights & let the flames set the mood.
I hope you guys enjoy these tips! I like to prepare my bedroom before my detox bath so when I get out, I can move from one calm/relaxing scene to another. Candles, my Himalayan salt lamp, and soft yoga music set the perfect mood for more relaxing…or sleep!