This has been one of my staple meals lately. A little background…. At some point this summer, I pushed my fitness goals to the side and decided I would rather be happy and fluffy than unhappy and “toned”. Well, it’s possible to be happy AND reach your goals. It just takes some self control and dedication to the cause. I’m back at it now. This is a meal that fills me up and has a little bit of everything my body needs (macros & micros)! Of course I used veggie sausage. My favorite brand to date is Tofurky. The Italian flavor is amazing & packs a hefty 25g of protein per serving. Not bad, huh?
- Lightly steam broccoli in pan. Start with 1-2 tbs of water. Add more if needed, but don’t over do it.
- When the water has evaporated and broccoli is lightly steamed (but still a little firm) add onion, peppers, and olive oil into pan. Sauté veggies.
- When the onion and peppers are becoming tender, add in sliced sausage.
- Cook until heated through.
- Serve it up, or eat straight out of the pan! 😂