Hey Tribe! Today’s recipe is one of my favorites. It’s full of veggies and perfect for a chilly, fall day. This recipe is also a great addition to your meals if you’re joining us for the Fit For The Holidays challenge. #FFTH
*Makes about 6 servings.
1 large carrot
1 cup cut green beans
1-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 can dark red kidney beans
1 can white or great northern beans
1/2 cup small elbow pasta (whole grain)
3 tbs olive oil
4-6 cups vegetable broth
season to taste with: salt, pepper, oregano, basil, thyme, parsley,
- Heat three tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot.
- Saute onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini in the oil for 5 minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent.
- Add vegetable broth to pot, plus tomatoes, beans, carrot and spices.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add pasta and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until desired consistency.
I ate 3 bowls of this stuff on Sunday! It was SO good 🙂 Enjoy!